Friday, August 14, 2009

The Birth of a Book and a Baby!

My daughter Angela gave birth to her second child. Hudson Jack Carnathan came into this world a few weeks early! He was born August 6, 2009. He made his grand entrance at 3:26 a.m., weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces and 18.75 inches long. We praise God for his safe arrival and for a happy, healthy baby and mommy.

Angela, Harold and big brother Keagan were at the jersey shore with Harold's extended family and Angela began to have contractions. Because she was only in her 36th week, they didn't take it real seriously...until the contractions stayed at 3 minutes, got harder and stronger. They drove to the hospital expecting to be sent home. The doctor gave her something to stop the contractions but it only made them more intense. Within one hour, they were well on their way to having a baby!

Technically, Hudson was considered a "preemie" at 36 1/2 weeks and they had to stay in the hospital for six days. Everyone is so happy to finally have them home!

Keagan loves his new baby brother. He went right in and said, "A baby...my baby brother. Can I hold him?" He keeps kissing Hudson and gently touching him. He'll be a great two year old big brother.

For me, things happened quickly. I wasn't scheduled to fly out until later this month. Typically August is my busy month of providing in-service training for at least 10 schools. This year I kept it really light just in case this little one decided to come early. However, I did plan to tape television programs for the education channel on August 7 for a back to school series. Yep...those programs still haven't been taped...it's a little hard to tape programs from a hospital room. Taking care of my precious family is my priority right now.

Please see the "ABC's of Back to School" post and be watching for the television programs forthcoming when I return to Texas.

While I was disappointed to not be there for Hudson's birth, I scrambled to reschedule everything on my calendar and left for "Camp Grandma". I will be at Angela's for a couple weeks.

Here's where the "baby and book" part comes in. When I finally got to Angela's house, on the doorstep were the two books we wrote. They were delivered on the same day she delivered sweet baby Hudson! Our Christian Charm Course books are here. I told her that Hudson just wanted to share this special day with Mommy. Not bad timing, right?

Camp Grandma is underway and needless to say, lots of pictures will be coming your way!


Photobucket

No comments: